Thursday 18 June 2009

86 West Street






'86 West Street' has been called home by three generations of my family. For a house that has sheltered so many, it is now only occupied by my Grandmother. The work aims to capture the spirit of the house, the imprint of family who have passed through and traces of my Grandmother's everyday life. It documents the aging of a house that in all probability won’t see another generation.

The series consisted of 12 images- this is a selection.

Since this project's completion, my Grandmother has moved closer to the family, in an unexpected twist of events, the house was bought by a young family rather than being demolished. I've heard they've changed the place significantly and I've often considered contacting the new owners to create a counterpart to these images- the way the house is now. Something to consider at least.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment